Sunday, May 12, 2013

MAKEOVER: Pop Star Inspired



Yesterday, I had my first "big gig" as a makeup artist... A marathon boudoir shoot with ten models (TEN models!) to make over. 

This is Ashley, an actual friend of mine through the Air Force and one of our boudoir beauties. In the middle of her makeover, I suddenly realized just how much she looked like a green-eyed Britney Spears and ran with that idea...



She's clearly 'dorable all on her own. My only tasks were to even out her complexion and enhance her already rosy and pink features. So I went with a babe-caked smokey eye with a pop of lavender on her lids and a hot purple-pink lip. 



On her FACE...

I used CG Luxe airbrush makeup in 25 and 35 (for contouring.) I used Dream Lumi in Nude and Bare Minerals Well-Rested for highlighting, and The Balm Bahama Mama and Bare Minerals Warmth for extra contouring and bronzing. And I used Makeup Artist Network blush palette and chose a bright pink blush and used it lightly with a feathered brush.

On her EYES...

I used Bare Minerals Bahamas loose eyeshadow all over her lids. I used BH Cosmetics 3rd Edition eyeshadow palette (it has 120 colors!) with a deep antique purple in the crease, shimmering mustard green mixed with black around her lash lines and smoked it out and upward, then a pop of lavender right on her lid. Finished with a creamy black eyeliner (smudge!) and Bare Minerals mascara in blackest black.

On her LIPS...

I used all Makeup Artist Network products- lip liner in Hot Pink which I colored into her lips for a matte finish, and purple-pink mineral lip gloss in Crush.


And I was more than "Crushing" on this look after I finished! For a boudoir shoot, I just had to bring out her inner "innocent but you know she's a freak in the bedroom" sex kitten. I'd love to use her as a regular model, so don't be surprised if you see her starring in lots of posts to come!

Stay beautiful. :)

P.S. For all things Housewifey, visit my other blog The Domestic Muse





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!

Austin said...

The blog looks great, Katelyn!

-Austin

Post a Comment