Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Makeover: Bedazzled Boudoir


Since I've moved to California, I have been in transition, trying to figure out my "place" as a makeup artist here in this new world.

One day, I went to a Sally's Beauty Supply and met another makeup artist named Joe who directed me to an amazing photographer he works with named Xochitl Rodrigue. {visit her gallery here... She is the photographer for this blog post!}

It's been because of this amazing woman that I've found a "place," a home, as a California makeup artist. :)

Recently, we as a team did some incredible things for promotional material. Xochitl just opened her new studio in Santa Maria, CA, and we are all working to spread the word and show off our talents! We have 3 makeup artists, including myself, and all of us have a different style.

I myself love a boudoir look, though I hadn't done anything too avant garde since makeup school. Xochitl encouraged me this day to push the envelope! And what I came up with was something called "Bedazzled Boudoir." Take a look at the lovely Sandra, an absolutely beautiful Mexican makeup model...



Upon first look of this beautiful girl, I realized I was getting to work with someone who a) had flawless skin, not a single blemish to cover, and b) had perfect eyebrows that I didn't even need to touch up. Score!





Admittedly, since this look was somewhat atypical to what I normally accomplish in the makeup chair, I improvised and came up with a vision as I dolled  her up. I didn't really know where I was going with it until I was done! But the more I played, the more she was starting to look Cleopatra-inspired. 

I may have changed her race from Mexican to Egyptian a bit... Just saying. Skills.


I USED:

CG Luxe airbrush makeup foundation
Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze
BH Cosmetics 3rd Edition 120-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey
{deep taupe in crease, olive green in upper inner corner, periwinkle blue right on lids for a color "pop"}
Bare Minerals eyeshadow in Azure {bottom line and inner corners}
Bare Minerals eyeshadow in Celestine {one of my staples! instant VS Sparkle; read here}
MAC Paint Pot in Carbon {blackest matte black for smokiness}
Benefit High Beam Illuminator
Maybelline Dream Lumi in Nude
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
MAN Lip Liner, Lipstick & Lipgloss in pale pinks and hot pinks
Rhinestones {I used eyelash glue to attach all along the bottom of eyes, inner corner, and above eyebrows}
Thick and bold Kiss Falsies





I hope you love it! I couldn't have been more amazed by how she turned out, and of course it's Xochitl who really brought it all to life. :)

Thanks so much for taking a look, and feel free to email me if you ever want to hire me. 

brommkatelyn@aol.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment