Monday, August 26, 2013

Blue Nautical Meets Red Boho


Over the weekend, I got invited to take my little girl Julia to a pirate-themed birthday party! So my first thought was... What should I weaAARRRRR?! 

No, seriously, I thought- stripes. I thought blue. And then I thought, "Let me see how this cute red feather headband looks with this outfit..."

Ta da. :)




The entire ensemble is by Forever 21. 

I'm new to fashion lingo, so I'm not sure if my headband and beaded cuff bracelet are more tribal than bohemian... I actually think that the two "looks" have begun to overlap, so maybe either is appropriate. 

But nautical and boho were not the contrasting ideas here. I simply like a nice blue and red combination. (Navy and cherry red were actually my wedding colors!)

The golden dove necklace represented my little birdie sidekick... Don't pirates have those?



For my eye makeup, I used:
Maybelline Bad To the Bronze cream eyeshadow
Bare Minerals Queen Phyllis 
(for more on my love affair with this particular eyeshadow, click here)
Prestige liquid eyeliner in Azure
CG Luxe eyeshadow palette
(for the nude beige in the crease and bright turquoise at the bottom lash line)

(By the way... I'll be shooting a makeup line review for CG Luxe soon and can't wait to introduce you to my new favorites!)


...And here is yours truly at the pirate party, trying to bust open a treasure-chest pinata. I may swing that bat like a little weakling, but at least I looked kinda cute doing it!



Have a good week, dollfaces. :)


P.S. For all things Housewifey, visit my other blog The Domestic Muse









1 comments:

Post a Comment